You will need
- Basin (basin), thermometer, food (any one they like animal), double trap (sponge), bath towel (at least 5 pieces).
Prepare a basin of water. The water temperature should be 38-40 degrees. If you make the water colder, a rabbit may freeze and catch a cold. This is unacceptable, because catarrhal diseases of these animals is almost not treated.
Give the rabbit carrots, cabbage or other foods that he especially likes. Stroke its coat in the direction of its growth. This way you will calm the pet.
Remember that during water procedures, you cannot use any detergents as they will affect the balance of the fur of the rabbit. Instead, you can use a sponge, a Terry mitten or just to wash the animal with his hands.
Place rabbit in a bowl or tub with water to the desired temperature, Pat gently pour some water. RUB your hands all dirty places on the dog's fur, avoiding the eye area and ears. Watering of eyes and ears is strictly forbidden, as this will provoke the emergence of otitis media that decorative rabbits not treated.
When rinsing the rabbit water it is important not to use the shower. Better if there will be a container of warm, clear water. Carefully remove rabbit from water and cover it with a towel. After the towel gets wet, it must change and continue to wipe the rabbit to do as the drying of pet. Completely dry animal put on the floor, again treat with food and stroke. You need to sweet talk with the animal, so it is not offended. Decorative rabbits are very clean and rarely get dirty, but if the need arose in washing them, it is better to do it with the least harm to the psyche of the animal.
In any case, do not accelerate drying with the help of household appliances scare the decorative Bunny and will adversely affect his nervous system.
Advice 2: How to wash a rabbit
If your rabbit is very dirty, you will have to decide the question of its bathing. Many owners of rabbits don't know how to act in this case. On the one hand, some experts say that bathing decorative rabbit, as water treatment harm to their health. On the other hand, a dirty rabbit is not always able to clean your hair independently, so if necessary, wash the rabbit is still necessary. This should be done extremely cautiously, and the less the better.
- Remember that rabbits are very ambivalent about the process of bathing. If you've decided to wash the rabbit, be prepared for the fact that he will be aggressive, nervous and frightened fuff, fuff, fuff. The fact that in nature these animals will never wash in the water – they clean their fur like cats. Therefore, water treatments are very stressful.
- Bathing a rabbit, try not to use detergents – they can adversely affect the wool of the animal, for example, discolor it or make it more rare and dim.
- Wash the rabbit you need warm water, preferably in the bath. To do this, just pour the water in the tub and put the rabbit there. Shower lens use is not recommended, as individual drops of water can enter the animal in the ear, and this, in turn, leads to the development of otitis media.
- Once the rabbit is cleaned, it shall be thoroughly dried. But in any case, do not use for drying rabbit hair – the animal can be frightened buzz. Better to just wipe the rabbit dry and warm towel and wipe necessary as long as the animal does not become completely dry – otherwise he might catch cold.
- If the rabbit is not very dirty, you can wash, not the whole hair, but only the most contaminated sites. In this case, the process of bathing much easier. Often need to wash my rabbit's foot. To wash feet, just enough to lower the animal in the tub with some warm water and gently rinse the fur on his limbs. After that you need to dry the paws of the rabbit with a towel or dry cloth.
Any manipulation of the water is stressful for the animal. Psychologically rabbit perceives such procedures as the application of grievances and maybe long afterwards to Express their dissatisfaction to the owner.