What is infrared floor?
Infrared film floor is a layer thickness of 5 mm with the applied strips. These strips consist of a carbon fiber heating elements and copper busbars coated with silver plating to prevent burnout.
With the two sides of the heating elements is laminated with a polymer that protects them from moisture and has excellent infrared waves that heat the surrounding objects and people, and they, in turn, the air itself. Acts such film by electricity when connected to 220 volts through the thermostat.
Advantages of infrared floor
- affordability compared to other types of Underfloor heating;
- easy and quick installation. Laying warm film is made without concrete ties, and the time it takes a little – a maximum of two days. For comparison, the water floor is installed within a month. Besides, the film coating can be laid during both major and minor repairs;
- obtaining a certain length. The film is conveniently divided into the desired segments in specially marked places;
- the uniformity of heating of the room. Under convective heating of the ceiling temperature is higher than the bottom. Warm floor eliminates this problem;
- safety for humans, animals and plants. Infrared radiation floor does not affect health, and is used in the production of materials does not cause allergies;
Infrared radiation is even useful for humans and is widely used in hospitals, dentistry, saunas.
- no effect on the air in the house. Film floor does not dry the air and does not burn oxygen in contrast to Central heating and oil radiators;
- ability to apply for different types of coverage: natural wooden parquet, carpet, linoleum, laminate, ceramic tile;
After Assembly of the laminate is required to wait for it to warm up to room temperature before you turn on infrared film underneath.
- universality. The film can be used to cover the floor in comfortable apartments, country houses and villas, on the balcony, stairs, walls, ceiling, separate sections and even in the car;
In the locations of infrared film on walls it is impossible to carry out repair work, i.e., screw, nail.
- the ease of repair. If any heating element has failed, it can be easily replaced;
- achievement of comfort in the short term. Heat can be felt almost immediately after turning warm film;
- ionization of the air. Noted that in rooms with infrared floor the air is saturated with air ions, which are essentially a natural antioxidants. Thus, harmful microorganisms are destroyed and odors, decreases the amount of dust and improves the health of the person;
- quiet operation.
Disadvantages of infrared floor
- consumption of electricity. To save money spent on electricity, infrared film should not serve as the primary heater of the room, just as an extra;
- the necessity of a careful installation, during which it is necessary to monitor the correct connection of the contacts of the film. In addition, before the installation you must prepare a completely flat surface, otherwise the tape can spoil. It is recommended to lay chipboard or plywood. To achieve the desired result, it is better to seek professional help;
- the possibility of electric shock and fire. To ensure the security necessary with a strong grounding and the use of an RCD. In office and industrial buildings will need approval of laying of floor heating with the fire Department;
- the conditions of operation. Film floor is easily damaged by heavy items, by which the surface heats up, which spoils the film itself, coating the floor and furniture. Therefore, it must be laid only on the exposed areas.
Should I buy infrared film?
If you have small children, then definitely infrared warm floor will come in handy. Because the Central heating works all year round, and in winter heat is sometimes not enough. In the basement floor infrared will not allow to freeze the piping or pump, which is important for country structures.
This heating system is advantageous compared to other types of heat provision in areas where there are no conditions of carrying out of Central heating. When using film as the main heater should cover 70 percent of the floor surface.
The acquisition of a warm floor is a personal decision. Before buying it is important to weigh the pros and cons, consult experts, read the user reviews.